Thursday, August 21, 2014

About Me!

-Who am I
-Where have I lived
-Personal/family information
-Passions
-Major interests
-What I want to get better at doing

-Why do I want to be an educator
-What does an educator do in his or her practice

Well, I would like to start off by saying hey guys and my name is Savannah Gossett, I am a junior at South Alabama and I am twenty years young. I am from Birmingham, Alabama, born and raised! I have lived there my whole life until I moved down here to Mobile, Alabama last week to pursue my last two years of getting my education. A few fun things about myself is that I love lifting weights, to be more specific I am an Olympic weightlifter, even though I might not look like it! It has become my absolute passion! Now don't get the "Olympic" part mixed up, I don't lift for our country. I do Clean and Jerks and Snatches, that is what Olympic Weightlifting is. I dedicate five days a week and I have been doing so for the past ten months of my life. I have two little siblings, Sawyer who will be thirteen in November and Ella who will be eleven in December. I still can't believe how fast they have grown up right infront of my eyes. My mom, Kerri, is remarried to my stepdad, Doug. My parents have been divorced since I was the age of two. I have a weird obsession with my dogs, especially my golden retriever. Her name is Rosebud (don't laugh), I also have a husky, Trooper, and a black lab named Ruby who is old as dirt. They are all the best and sweetest dogs that I have ever been around. I'm a huge dog lover if you can't tell. Another little fun fact about me is that I really really enjoy being a tall person. I couldn't imagine my life seeing it the short way. Oh and one more thing, I have a weird attachment to my hair, it's pretty long and I couldn't imagine anybody cutting it all off. One thing that I want to get better at doing is to not be such a huge procrastinator. It has become a huge weakness in mine and has affected my life in many ways, not good ways. I try everyday to get better at getting things done before last minute.

The reason why I would like to become an educator is because I enjoy being in charge and making a difference in people's lives. I also enjoy watching people learn something new, I learn new things everyday and I feel like I would continue that while watching my students learn things. Just from seeing my little siblings grow, it has taught me a lot about life. I feel like what an educator does in his or her practice is enjoy teaching younger people the purpose of things and leading them to greater things and also to be a role model in their lives. Or atleast that's my goal in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment