Sunday, September 7, 2014

Blog Post 3

In the "What Is Peer Editing" video, I learned that there are three important steps about peer editing. Always start your peer editing with compliments, that's the first step. It is important to stay positive to the other person so they feel confident about their work!  The second step to peer editing is giving suggestions, believe it or not, it will really help out that other person to get advice on how to make things better. For an example, helping with word suggestions, using details, organization, letting them know if they have run-ons or fragments, and as well as making sure they stick to the same topic. The last step of the process is making corrections. While checking for corrections, you need to check for punctuation, grammar, sentences and spelling.
To me I feel like making suggestions would be the most important step out of the three because it makes you feel better about it when you will know that somebody else likes your work!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Savannah!
    I was a tad skeptical about this blog post. I thought there was nothing new to learn about peer editing. I've always thought it was self explanatory, but after doing the blog I see it otherwise. I think you did a great job explaining the topic and if any one didn't already understand peer editing they will after reading your post. I would put a comma after the words, "to me", to give that pause for the reader. Other than that, I think you did a great job on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure that making corrections necessarily shows that one "like your work!"

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Savannah, I also found the blog assignment more beneficial than I had thought it would be. A big problem that many students struggle with is the idea of correcting someone's work. I agree that letting someone know about the mistakes made is very important because it allows a student to improve his or her writing. While your post is informative, I would suggest you check the blog requirements email that Dr. Strange sent to everyone. It lists all the details on what a blog post has to have. For example, every post has to have pictures, tag modifiers, and working links.

    ReplyDelete