Monday, October 13, 2014

Blog Post 8

What can we learn about teaching and learning from Randy Pausch

I really enjoyed watching the video of Randy Pausch's last lecture. He came off to me as a very encouraging and uplifting person and I am inspired for all that he has achieved in his lifetime. The reason why this was his "last lecture" is because he is battling cancer. Even with going through this, he has a great outlook on life and you can see that throughout the video. Throughout the video, he tells us a list of his childhood dreams and tells us about how he wanted to accomplish them, which he did most of them. This video inspired me in many ways and taught me the kind of person that I need to be in my classroom as a teacher and outside of the classroom as a person. In the classroom I will push my students to be the best that they can be so when they start seeing outcomes that they never dreamed of, it will teach them a lot of life lessons. That is one of my goals as a teacher, is inspiring my students and being like Randy Pausch. To be a healthy teacher and learner you have to show dedication, cherish feedback, show gratitude, work hard, find the best in everyone, be prepared, and most importantly have fun while doing it!

1 comment:

  1. You didn't really address the assignment: What Can We Learn About Teaching and Learning From Randy Pausch?

    NOTE: The question asks you to address what we can learn about teaching and learning!

    Watch Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture. Think about the teaching
    methods he advocated and used at Carnegie-Mellon. This video is also available on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete